Best Tips to Move Furniture Items Damage Free
Whether you’re appointing professionals or it’s a DIY project, your furniture should always be handled with care during the entire shifting process. When you arrive at your new home, you want your expensive and heavy items to be safe and secure. Without the accurate precautions, wooden furniture can get scratches, upholstery can be ripped, and the delicate glass items can break. It is important to learn how to protect your furniture throughout every phase of your move.
Head towards your local hardware store to get the following added items to wrap your furniture for your upcoming relocation:
- Bubble Wrap
- Sofa and mattress covers
- Plastic stretch wrap
- Sealable plastic bags
- Corrugated cardboard sheets
The above items will distribute the shock waves evenly making sure heavy pressure is not experienced at a single point which can damage your belongings.
Dismantle your Furniture
This will make the furniture easier to move and will help avoid damage caused by brushing up against walls or door frames at the time of vacating the room. It will also make it easier to pack them into your moving truck. Keep the following tips in mind:
- Always use an owner’s manual, if available, to determine how to dismantle furniture correctly.
- Use masking tape and a marker to note where each piece of the furniture goes. This will go a long way to guard your furniture and putting them back in shape once you get to your destination.
Have a Placement Plan
How you place your items in the moving truck is just as important; take your time to plan it out. This will make things way easier for you and save you time.
- Each and everything should be nicely wrapped and planned where it should go in the truck. This will help you utilize all the space and thus there will not be any chance for any item to fall.
- Don’t forget to make a placement idea while unloading the truck as well. Make sure the pathway to each room is clearly marked for the movers. The less time spent finding the proper spot to put down your heavy furnishings, the less likely it will be damaged.
Moving doesn’t have to be nerve-racking. Trying out the above steps will help you make sure your furniture arrives at your new home in proper condition. You can take help of packers and movers for the purpose. They will assist you the best in your furniture moving process. Hire movers and packers in Mumbai today and experience convenient and hassle free shifting.